Bark Lodge: The Creation of a Bark Lake Icon
Of the fifty-five or so buildings around site, only one carries the name “Bark”.
Before becoming the Ontario Camp Leadership Centre in 1948, the southern shore of the lake was used as a hunting and fishing camp. The first noteworthy structure was Bark Lodge.
An Opportunity for Growth and Renewal
From the late-1990s until the mid-2010s Bark Lodge was under-used and allowed to fall into a state of disrepair.
In Spring of 2016 it was decided to make an investment in the renewal of Bark Lodge. Plans are currently in the works to renovate and expand upon the front porch, repair the foundation, and ultimately convert the space into a licensed meeting space for adult and corporate groups.
Already significant progress has been made. First, the floorboards have been removed and new ones will be arriving shortly. Next, the roof has come down and a new non-leaking is on its way. The foundation has been dug up in preparation for the necessary repairs. In short: big things are happening!
Check out exclusive content on our Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to come back and visit this page for updates.